Boost to take your freedom
“As a starter on the job market, I ran into walls. I did not know where my talents lay. Because I noticed that I was easily bored, this resulted in collecting a lot of chores that I sometimes did not even like. Peter helped me to find my talents and also made it clear what I could use them for. Using the Trimetrix scan as a basis, we held a number of sessions to get to the bottom of my talents, drives and behaviour. I can now clearly state what I can do, what I want to do and what activities go with that. This made my job a lot more enjoyable! The sessions with Peter even helped me to find another job. Because I had already answered Peter’s critical questions, I knew what I was looking for and could therefore profile myself well. I highly recommend the use of the Trimetrix and Peter’s guidance to anyone who wants to understand themselves better!”
Lieke Dotinga, Water management consultant and assistant project manager/project manager at Arcadis
In addition to increasing self-knowledge and self-awareness, the boost is aimed at actively supporting you to translate this into the right steps in your career and personal development. The following questions are answered during the boost: “Who am I?”, “How can I improve myself?”, “Where do I want to go?”, “What steps do I take?” and “What is my ideal job?”.
Providing a boost to your personal leadership comprises the following steps:
- Drawing up a personal profile (TriMetrix: thinking styles, talents, motives and behavioural styles);
- Discussing and listing development questions;
- 5 coaching sessions;
- Writing reflection papers + various homework assignments
- Answering development questions;
The program takes 2 to 3 months to complete.
A couching session can be held online or face to face. Face to face conversations take place at Het Coachhuis or at the location where the coachee works.
After agreement, the dates for the sessions are determined and locations are reserved. Before each session, I prepare myself by reading reports and profiles I have already made. I make notes of each report and share these with the coachee. The coachee makes a reflection report of each conversation.
Supporting methods and resources
A project is always tailor-made. Conversations are therefore supported and supplemented with one or more of the following methods and means:
- Created TriMetrix profile: Thinking styles, Talents, Drives and Behavioural styles profile
- Exercises: Switching perspectives, listening exercises, The Behaviour Game and The Motivation Game
- The book: Excelling in freedom, a recipe for personal development, Peter Roemeling, ISBN: 978-90-812163-0-2
- Bibliography & film tips
- Online surveys and 360 degree feedback
- Reflection reports of the interviews